The SFA-MaxLib is a collection of Max/MSP objects developed in the context of the VCI4DMI. It includes functions and utilities in the form of FTM externals, FTM abstractions and Max abstractions. FTM is a shared library for Max/MSP developed by IRCAM, which provides a small and simple real-time object system and a set of optimized services to be used within Max/MSP externals. FTM extends the data types exchanged between Max/MSP objects by complex data structures such as sequences, matrices, dictionaries, break point functions, tuples and whatever might seem helpful for the processing of music, sound and motion capture data. FTM facilitates the porting to Max/MSP of MATLAB like code.
git clone https://github.com/stefanofasciani/SFA-MaxLib
svn checkout https://github.com/stefanofasciani/SFA-MaxLib
The SFA-MaxLib requires FTM to be installed in Max/MSP. The abstractions works on both OSX and Windows, while the externals are built for OSX only. The source code of the externals is provided in the folder “FTMexternals-sources” and the FTM SDK and Max SDK are required to build the externals.
- Copy the “SFA-MaxLib” folder and subfolders within your Max/MSP search path (/Applications/Max 6.1/Cycling ’74/ default for OSX).
- Move the .mxo files from the folder “FTMexernals” to the FTM externals folder (/Applications/Max 6.1/Cycling ’74/ftm-and-co/externals/ for standard OSX installation).
The SFA-MaxLib is published under LGPL3 License.
List of FTM Externals
- sfa.eig – eigenvalues
- sfa.inputcombinations – combination generator
- sfa.levinson – levinson-durbin recursion
- sfa.lpc2cep – lpc to cepstra conversion
- sfa.rastafilt – rasta filter
- sfa.rmd – relative mean difference
- sfa.roots – polynomial roots
List of Abstractions
- sfa.bark.maxpat – energy of the Bark bands from time domain frame
- sfa.bark2hz_vect.maxpat – Herts to Bark conversion
- sfa.barkspect.maxpat – energy of the Bark bands from spectrum
- sfa.ceil.maxpat – ceil function
- sfa.featfluxgate.maxpat – gated distance on stream of feature vectors
- sfa.fft2barkmx.maxpat – utility sub-abstraction of sfa.bark
- sfa.fft2barkmxN.maxpat – utility sub-abstraction of sfa.barkspect
- sfa.hynek_eq_coeff.maxpat – hynek equalization coefficients
- sfa.hz2bark.maxpat – Hertz to Bark conversion
- sfa.hz2bark_vect.maxpat – Hertz to Bark conversion for vectors
- sfa.hz2mel.maxpat – Hertz to Mel conversion
- sfa.idft_real_coeff.maxpat – utility sub-abstraction of sfa.rasta-plp
- sfa.maxminmem.maxpat – minimum and maximum of a stream of data
- sfa.mfcc.maxpat – MFCC coefficients
- sfa.modalphafilter.maxpat – 1st order IIR lowpass on a stream of vectors
- sfa.nonlinfeqscale.maxpat – linear spectrum to Bark or Mel scale conversion
- sfa.rasta-plp.maxpat – PLP and RASTA-PLP coefficients
- sfa.spectmoments.maxpat – 4 spectral moments (centroid, deviation, skewness, kurtosis)
- sfa.3spectmoments+flatness.maxpat – 3 spectral moments (centroid, deviation, skewness) and the spectral flatness
- sfa.spectralflux.maxpat – spectral flux on stream of spectrum vectors
- sfa.spectralfluxgate.maxpat – gated spectral flux on stream of spectrum vectors
- sfa.std.maxpat – standard deviation
- sfa.win_to_fft_size.maxpat – smaller FFT size given frame size
- sfa.GCemulator.maxpat – 3D gestural controller emulator